Explore Scientific ED152 152mm f/8 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor Telescope
Explore Scientific ED152 152mm f/8 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor Telescope is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Explore Scientific ED152 152mm f/8 Air-Spaced Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor Telescope
- 152mm / 6" Aperture Refractor OTA
- 1216mm Focal Length, f/8 Focal Ratio
- Apochromatic Triplet Lens Configuration
- Hoya FCD1 ED Glass
- Proprietary EMD Enhanced Multi-Coatings
- Two-Speed 3" Hexagonal Focuser
- Losmandy-Style Dovetail Plate
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber Optical Tube
- 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal
- OTA Only: Mount and Tripod Required
Observing with the ED152 Air-Spaced Triplet FCD1 Series Apochromatic Refractor in Carbon Fiber with genuine HOYA FCD1 ED Glass:
Serious amateur astronomers who choose apochromatic refractors know that generally once you start using an instrument larger than 127mm, that the limitation of size and weight can become a problem, often requiring a larger-class equatorial mount that is expensive and heavy. For some, large and heavy telescopes and mounts are out of the question due to physical constraints. With the Explore Scientific ED152 at only 20.5 lbs, many mid-priced, lighter, and more portable equatorial mounts are perfectly matched with this optical tube assembly for high quality astrophotography and serious visual use.
With its 44% increase in light grasp and image brightness compared to the ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet, and 125% increase compared to the ED102 Air-Spaced Triplet, the ED152 Air-Spaced Triplet FCD1 Series in Carbon Fiber is a research-class instrument, ready for high-productivity assignments.
Observe moon transits with their shadows across the face of Jupiter, as well as structural detail and color variations within the wake of the Great Red Spot and at the boundaries of numerous equatorial cloud belts; resolve Cassini’s and Enke’s Divisions of Saturn’s rings and substructures within the rings themselves. Nebulae and galaxies objects appear like they are etched in crystal” some describe it as “three-dimensional” against a very dark sky because of the telescope’s unobstructed, high contrast optical system.
Nebulae stand out in splendid detail, giving one the impression they are looking through a much larger aperture telescope, with filamentary structures observable even under less than optimal seeing conditions. A wide range of accessories is available to suit virtually any observing requirement.
For the school or university observatory, or to add to the collection of instruments for the dedicated amateur astronomer, the ED152 Air-Spaced Triplet FCD1 Series in Carbon Fiber is a true work-horse optical instrument ready for any observing or imaging requirement.
- Recommended Equatorial Mount: Explore Scientific / Losmandy G11 with PMC-Eight
- For astrophotography, add the Explore Scientific 3" Field Flattener .7x Focal Reducer to address the edge-of-field aberrations caused by curved focal planes and reduce your f-ratio for a wider field of view, brighter images and less exposure time
- 8x50 Right Angle Finder Scope
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.