Vixen ATERA 12x30 Image Stabilized Binoculars
Vixen ATERA 12x30 Image Stabilized Binoculars is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Vixen ATERA 12x30 Image Stabilized Binoculars
- One of the lightest binoculars with image stabilization
- Wide ±3° Stabilization
- BAK4 Primary Roof Prisms, BK7 Secondary
- Phase-Corrected/Dielectric-Coated Prisms
- Anti-Reflection Fully Multi-Coated Glass
- Short 8' Minimum Focus Distance
- Auto Shutoff After 5 Minutes Inactivity
- Twist-Up Rubber Eyecups
- Runs on Two AAA Batteries
- For landscape and star observation in astronomy
- Up to 12 hours of operation
- Ergonomically designed for excellent usability
- Carrying strap and protective bag included
At 422 grams, the Vixen ATERA 12x30 is one of the lightest binoculars with an image stabilizer. Thanks to the strong stabilizer effect, an extremely stable field of view is achieved even with the free hand. At a higher magnification you can observe everything in detail, such as reading signs and labels, recognizing the structure of bird feathers and the ATERA is also a great helper when observing the stars in astronomy.
Less vibrations in the field of view increase the visibility of object details and the comfort of observation.
The vibration of the hands often makes it difficult to see fine details on objects, especially when magnified. The ATERA 12x30 has a vibration suppression mechanism ( gimbal ) with a 2-axis gimbal-controlled image stabilization mechanism. With a very large vibration correction angle of ± 3 degrees (up, down, left and right), a stable field of view can be achieved even at a high magnification of 12x . Since the micro-vibrations are also canceled , the finest details can only be recognized.
Two commercially available AAA micro batteries are used for the power supply. Since they are easy to get anywhere, safe operation is guaranteed even in remote areas. Thanks to a long operating time of up to 12 hours, you can concentrate on the observation without having to worry about battery consumption. An automatic switch-off function, which interrupts the power after 5 minutes, prevents the batteries from discharging unnecessarily.
By applying a complete multiple coating and an anti-reflective coating on all lens surfaces and the additional phase coating on the prisms , the light transmission and thus the brightness of the image are drastically increased. All of these measures ensure little scattered light and light loss and produce a particularly clear and high-contrast image.
A gently rounded shape that adapts to the hands, a focusing ring that can be turned gently with just one finger, a simple design, a battery compartment that is located away from the operating area, all of this enables comfortable handling. The integrated battery cover also provides effective protection against loss.
The ATERA is supplied with a comfort strap and a protective bag for transport.
- Powerful 12x magnification brings distant subjects in for detailed observation—ideal for nature and bird watching, spectator sports, and to view architectural details while sightseeing
- 30mm objective lenses ensure a compact form factor for easier packing, carrying, and handling
- Roof prism light path produces thin optical tubes without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 primary prism glass with BK7 secondary prisms
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coatings maximize light transmission and reduce internal diffraction to ensure views remain bright
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve contrast and resolution
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated lenses improve image brightness, color rendition, and clarity
- 8-foot minimum focus distance allows close-up observation of small subjects like hummingbirds, bees, insects, and flowers
- 220-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Vibration-cancellation system places the prism on a gimbal rotation base that moves horizontally and vertically and keeps the prism still when vibration occurs
- A sensor detects the movement and compensates to maintain a stable field of view
- Wide ±3° vibration correction allows the system to compensate for very unsteady platforms like moving cars
- Runs on two easy-to-find AAA batteries for up to 12 hours
Use and Construction
- Compact and lightweight design is easy and comfortable to hold and handle
- Simple on/off switch makes use uncomplicated and intuitive
- Auto-off function after 5 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery power
- Slip-resistant low-profile center focus wheel
- Right eye dioptric correction ensures tack-sharp views even for users who normally require corrective eyewear
- 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment range accommodates different size and shaped faces
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or with eyeglasses, sunglasses, or no glasses at all
- Long 17.5mm eye relief improves viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain
- 2.5mm exit pupil
Field of View
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.