Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo System - ES-EXOS2GTPMCT3-00
Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo System - ES-EXOS2GTPMCT3-00 is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Out of stock
Sign up to be the first to know when this product becomes available
Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo System
- Motorized Computer-Controlled EQ Mount
- 28 lb / 40 lb Capacity + Counterweight
- Precision Dual-Axis Micro-Stepper Motor
- Integrated Wi-Fi for Wireless Control
- ExploreStars GoTo App for Windows
- 70,000+ Object Database
- Multiple Alignment Processes
- Vixen-Style Dovetail Saddle
- 2" Adjustable-Height Tripod with Tray
- Runs on Eight D-Cell Batteries
The award winning Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT PMC-Eight Equatorial Mount with its 28 lb instrument payload capacity for astrophotography is an excellent choice for many of Explore Scientific's telescopes as well for the visual astronomer where the instrument payload capacity can be pushed much and more, providing a very solid portable solution for those who want to use a larger telescope that would normally require a much larger equatorial platform.
We often get calls about the “load capacity” of our mounts. For telescope tracking mounts there are generally two different specs: instrument payload capacity for astrophotography, and instrument payload capacity for visual use.
Payload capacity ratings for visual are normally much higher than for astrophotography because with added weight beyond a certain point, there is an increase in tracking error (e.g. periodic error, etc.). For the EXOS2 GT PMC-Eight the instrument payload capacity for astrophotography is 28lbs + counterweights. And for visual use, the instrument payload capacity is 40 lbs + counterweights.
Note that we chose stepper motors for the PMC-Eight instead of DC servo motors because they can handle incredible strain and not damage mechanical nor electronic components.
Explore Scientific's PMC-Eight GOTO system can be controlled wirelessly or wired with a tablet or PC, with Windows 8.1 or 10, Android, Amazon Fire, or iOS, with a free app called ExploreStars. Tablet must be purchased separately.
The ExploreStars App controls any PMC-Eight mount by means of an intuitive graphical interface. Among other features ExploreStars offers both 2-star and 3-star alignment procedures, educational information and images of the more popular celestial objects, and a choice of over 80,000 objects for viewing.
The ExploreStars object database encompasses a wide range of celestial objects including those in the Solar System, the Messier Catalog, the New General Catalog, and the Index Catalog, as well as a collection of over 70,000 stars. The Celestial Database also includes educational material and images for many of the more popular objects. This database is available as a separate updatable component of the ExploreStars software system. It can expand over time and any ExploreStars implementation can easily be updated by downloading a fresh copy of the Celestial Database. In fact, the educational material and images within the database can be customized by each individual user using Microsoft Access.
In addition to ExploreStars, we provide an ASCOM interface that will allow a huge range of star map software to control the PMC-Eight. Here are just are some examples that are currently available: ACP; APT; AST / ATC & Ricerca (Omega Lab); AstroArt; AstroMB; Cartes du Ciel / Sky Chart; CCD AutoPilot; DeepSky; Deepsky Planner; DFM Engineering; Earth Centered Universe Pro; EasySky; Eye and Telescope; Project Pluto; Hallo Northern Sky; Maxim DL; MaxPoint; PinPoint Astrometric; Prism; Sequence Generator Pro; Sidereal Technology; The Sky; SkyMap Software; SkyTools 3; Star Atlas PRO; Sky Observer; StarryNight; Stellarium; and Virtual Moon Atlas.
- Payload capacity for astrophotography is 28 lb plus the included counterweight
- For visual use, the maximum payload is 40 lb plus the counterweight
- Cast aluminum with black powder coat
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle to mount compatible OTAs
- Northern hemisphere illuminated polar axis scope to increase alignment precision
- Integrated "bull's eye" bubble level on mount base
- Runs on eight user-supplied D-cell batteries
- Integrated 10/100 Wi-Fi with full IP functionality enables direct connection to computers, smartphones, tablets, and networks for remote system control
- PMC-Eight motor control system with a scalable 8-CPU multi-processor array that allows control of multiple systems from single user interface
- 64KB EEPROM non-volatile memory bank retains settings and time when mount is turned off
- Fully compatible with any computer platform using an ASCOM-compliant software package
- Serial and standard ST4 auto-guiding ports
- High-resolution Nema11 bipolar 0.09°, 400-count stepper motor
- Micro stepping controller enables the motor to work at 12,800 steps per revolution
- Belt-drive system with precision 45-groove and 10-groove timing pulleys
- Strong and long-lasting fiberglass re-enforced neoprene belt
- Drive rates accurate to a few arcseconds per day
- Reversible for use in Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Ball bearings on both axes reduce vibrations and minimize backlash at all tracking and slew speeds
ExploreStars GoTo System
- 70,000+ object database including 2000+ stars, with a downloadable catalog of 72,000+ additional stars
- Native catalogs include: Bayer, Flamstead, SAO, HD/Harvard, DM, BD/CD/CPD, GSC, and RNGC/IC
- Open source code with available developer kit allows for complete customization and sharing
- Four-button interface for guiding, centering, moving, and slewing using device touchscreen
- Selectable and user-defined GoTo, Slewing, Centering, and Guiding rates
- 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star alignment processes
- Sidereal, King, Lunar, Solar, and user-defined tracking rates
- Additional functions: Synchronize, Search, Coordinate input
- Custom mount support using user-defined stepper count scaling
- Three-section adjustable height
- 2" stainless steel legs
- 26.8 to 42.5" height adjustment range
- Center stabilizer bar locks legs in place to reduce vibrations
- Accessory tray with holes for 1.25" eyepieces
- Spiked feet for use on ground and grass for increased stability, especially on rough or uneven areas
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Before you go...
Here's a discount code to take $10 off any order over $250.
Code expires soon.