Explore Scientific ED115 FPL53 115mm f/5.5 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor
Explore Scientific ED115 FPL53 115mm f/5.5 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Out of stock
Sign up to be the first to know when this product becomes available
Explore Scientific ED115 FPL53 115mm f/5.5 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO Carbon Fiber Refractor Telescope
- 115mm / 4.5" Aperture Refractor OTA
- 632mm Focal Length, f/5.5 Focal Ratio
- Apochromatic Triplet Lens Configuration
- Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) Glass
- Proprietary EMD Enhanced Multi-Coatings
- Two-Speed 3" Hexagonal Focuser
- Vixen-Style Dovetail Plate
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber Optical Tube
- 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal
- OTA Only: Mount and Tripod Required
Reveal celestial wonders like the desolate beauty of the lunar terrain, the serene structure of Saturn’s rings or the brightest deep sky treasures of the Messier catalog with Explore Scientific’s 115mm FPL-53 Apochromatic Refractor.
This is an all new design from Explore Scientific and offers greater quality optics provided by Ohara. We use Ohara FPL-53 glass in these optics which is very similar in characteristics as Hoya FCD-100.
Combining it with optical glass of high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction. Ohara FPL-53 is considered the best glass ever produced by Ohara. Having a true diffraction-limited optical design and sized to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality telescope is a perfect grab-and-go instrument for exploring the skies.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
In addition, this amazing scope also includes a 3" Hexagonal focuser with very rigid design and strong support. Up to 10 lbs of gear can be loaded onto this focuser.
ED115mm f/5.5 Air Spaced Triplet with Ohara FPL-53 optics and Integrated Dew Shield; 632mm focal length; 3" HEX Focuser; Cradle Ring with Handle and Vixen Style Dovetail Plate; Explore Finder Scope Base installed on scope; 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal; and a hard TSA approved carrying case. Weighs 15lbs. (Finder Scope NOT Included)
- Recommended Equatorial Mount: Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT
- For astrophotography, add the Explore Scientific 3" Field Flattener .7x Focal Reducer to address the edge-of-field aberrations caused by curved focal planes and reduce your f-ratio for a wider field of view, brighter images and less exposure time
- 8x50 Right Angle Finder Scope
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.