Explore FirstLight 8" f/6 Dobsonian Telescope Package - FL-DOB0806-02-PK
Explore FirstLight 8" f/6 Dobsonian Telescope Package - FL-DOB0806-02-PK is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Out of stock
Sign up to be the first to know when this product becomes available
Explore FirstLight 8" f/6 Dobsonian Telescope Package
- This package includes: ReflexSight ($69.99 value), Astro R-Lite Red Flashlight ($22.99 value), Tirion Double Sided Multi-latitude Planishphere ($19.99 value), and the 2-Sided Moon Crater Map ($14.99 value).
- 8" aperture provides major light-gathering power making this an ideal instrument for deep sky observations.
- Scope and mount can be transported in pieces and reassembled within minutes.
- Rockerbox is easy to assemble with few tools and includes accessory tray for eyepieces.
- 2.5" HEX focuser has helical gearing.
- Universal design makes it easy for imagers to use the telescope as a traditional Newtonian by removing the bearings from the OTA and attaching the tube to an equatorial mount using the included Vixen-style dovetail plate.
- Model comes with a 25mm SuperPlössl eyepiece and a red dot viewfinder for locating observing targets.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
The Explore FirstLight 203mm f/6 Alt-Az Dobsonian Telescope gives users high performance at a reasonable price.
With a large parabolic primary and smaller secondary mirror made from low-expansion glass to eliminate distortion across the entire field of view, this scope allows for sharp resolution of star clusters and nebulae that smaller apertures cannot.
Its f/6 focal ratio and hexagonal rack-and-pinion focuser make this a perfect choice for imaging as well. The fast focal ratio helps devices capture images in less time than slower scopes and gives it the ability to achieve sharp focusing with strength to handle large imaging rigs and eyepieces.
No telescope type has changed the hobby quite as much as the Dobsonian. Before the introduction of the Dobsonian by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics - barely enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. Larger telescopes, such as the Schmidt-Cassegrain were reserved for the wealthy. The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the greatest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope a unique triumphant march around the world. Nowhere do you get as much light for your money like a good Dobson.
Now, Explore Scientific has come up with the ultimate universal design. This Dobsonian can be converted into a Newtonian telescope. If you ever wanted to take pictures, simply unscrew the bearings from the tube and place the scope on an EQ mount with the included Vixen style dovetail plate.
The unrivaled stiffness of the included 2.5" HEX focuser makes focusing easy and allows the use of both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces. Including the 2.5" Hex focuser is a quantum leap for this price class of telescope.
A Red Dot viewfinder as well as a 25mm SPL eyepiece are included with the device. If you want to transport the telescope as compactly as possible, the new 8" FirstLight Dobsonian / Newtonian is easy.
The Rockerbox can be dismantled with a few tools, because the parts are assembled with metal quick connectors. Thus, a bulky rocker box quickly becomes a handy flat package of boards. The ideal workhorse for the deep sky observers. Details on planets and deep sky objects will be visible even for inexperienced observers. Bright star clusters are resolved to the core, and the sight of the terminator on the moon is an unforgettable experience.
The scope is ready for use with our optional coma corrector.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
This telescope had some great upgrades from most of the other 8" Dobsons that are in the same price range. It feels very solidly built and high quality metal parts are used everywhere. I have already been blown away by the first few nights of observing.
Before you go...
Here's a discount code to take $10 off any order over $250.
Code expires soon.