Explore Scientific ED165 FPL53 165mm f/7 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor
Explore Scientific ED165 FPL53 165mm f/7 Triplet Carbon Fiber Refractor is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Out of stock
Sign up to be the first to know when this product becomes available
Explore Scientific ED165 FPL53 165mm f/7 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO Carbon Fiber Refractor Telescope
- 165mm / 6.5" Aperture Refractor OTA
- 1155mm Focal Length, f/7 Focal Ratio
- Apochromatic Triplet Lens Configuration
- Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) Glass
- Proprietary EMD Enhanced Multi-Coatings
- Two-Speed 3" Hexagonal Focuser
- Vixen-Style Dovetail Plate
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber Optical Tube
- 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal
- OTA Only: Mount and Tripod Required
Explore Scientific's largest refractor telescope incorporates our true three-element apochromat design the ED165-FPL53 with an aperture of 165mm (6.5-inch) utilizes one of the highest performance extra-low dispersion materials obtainable: OHARA FPL-53 ED Glass. Reveal celestial wonders like the desolate beauty of the lunar terrain, the serene structure of Saturn’s rings or some of the most challenging deep sky objects with Explore Scientific’s ED165-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Apochromatic Refractor.
Combining FPL-53 with optical glass of high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction. OHARA FPL-53 is considered one of the best glass types ever produced. Having a true diffraction-limited optical design, this large high performance refractor is a perfect grab-and-go instrument for exploring the skies.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine OHARA FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
In addition, this amazing scope also includes a 3" Hexagonal focuser with very rigid design and strong support. Up to 10 lbs of gear can be loaded onto this focuser.
ED165mm f/7 Air Spaced Triplet with Ohara FPL-53 optics and Integrated Dew Shield; 1155mm focal length; 3" HEX Focuser; Cradle Ring with Handle and Vixen Style Dovetail Plate; Explore Finder Scope Base installed on scope; 99% Reflective 2" Diagonal; and a hard TSA approved carrying case. (Finder Scope NOT Included)
- Recommended Equatorial Mount: Explore Scientific Losmandy G-11
- For astrophotography, add the Explore Scientific 3" Field Flattener .7x Focal Reducer to address the edge-of-field aberrations caused by curved focal planes and reduce your f-ratio for a wider field of view, brighter images and less exposure time
- 8x50 Right Angle Finder Scope
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely encrypted during transmission. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.